Monday, May 27, 2013

The Adventures of a Penn State Intern: Week 1


Hello everyone!!!

My name is Betty Antwi.  I am currently a senior at Purdue University studying Dietetics/Nutrition, Fitness, and Health with a minor in  Organizational Leadership and Supervision. This summer, I am a NACUFS intern at Penn State University. 

I arrived here at Penn State University on Wednesday carrying my entire life and wardrobe with me (inside joke). So far, I have really enjoyed being at Penn State. The campus is really big and beautiful. It has a variety of stores, restaurants and amazing artwork displayed all over.






The beautiful view from my room window!!!

It has been great getting to know the other interns (Ali, Elise, and Sinan). They are really amazing people.  Two other people that have made this internship fun are Marianne and Maria. They have been so welcoming to us and are very entertaining. 

Penn State Interns!!!
During week 1, we received more information about the internship and discussed our goals and expectations. I thought this really helpful to me because it put into perspective of what skills and abilities I would like to gain from this internship. Marianne also made us do a scavenger hunt that identified important buildings and landmarks around Penn State, which I thought was really fun to do.




Scavenger Hunt!!!


This Memorial Day weekend the other interns and I have been working at the Findlay Dining Commons by prepping and cooking for thousands of high school girl volleyball players and their families for the Happy Volley competition.  Even though the shifts may seem exhausting at times (5 am -2 pm), it has been very rewarding and I have met some great people on the way.

Overall, Week 1 was great and I can't wait to see what else the internship has in store. Once again I would love to thank NACUFS for this wonderful opportunity. I feel truly blessed to be given a chance to do something that could change my life forever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment