Friday, June 7, 2013

First Week in West Lafayette!


Hi, Everyone!

My name is Holly Janusz and I am from Muskego, Wisconsin (close to Milwaukee, just so you have a more well-known reference point). In the fall I will be a senior in dietetics at Iowa State University, and I am excited to be spending my summer here at Purdue University in West Lafayette, Indiana with my fellow intern, Bianca Gillispie!

To kick off our week of new experiences and meeting new people, our internship coordinator Mary Ann invited us to a barbecue at the house of the Director of University Residences Dining Services. While I was expecting a meal of hamburgers and potato chips, we were all pleasantly surprised with a gourmet meal of grilled salmon, asparagus, quinoa-stuffed peppers, and much more!

On our first day of work, Mary Ann made the day special with a tour around various campus buildings and a meet-and-greet at lunch. Then Bianca and I spent the rest of the week at the university’s Food Stores operation and at a nearby residential dining court –1 of 5 on the Purdue campus! As we made it through our first week, the staff at Purdue was extremely welcoming and patient. It is clear that they are very passionate about creating interactive and diverse learning experiences for us this summer.

We’re looking forward to many new adventures this summer, starting with the Lafayette Farmers Market tomorrow morning. I'm sure we'll have some fun pictures to share soon. That’s all for now :)

Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment