Sunday, June 9, 2013

week 3


This past week flew by! We had the opportunity to meet with so many great people and participate in fun activities. Early in the week we were able to have a culinary skills session with Chef Mark. I learned a lot of useful knife skills, now I just need to practice! The grand finale for the session was to make an apple swan. I had a little extra time so I added some zucchini skins to the “wings” for a little extra pizzazz.











The following day we had an afternoon of team building activities at Shaver’s Creek. It was a beautiful location and we had a lot of fun doing the activities. It was an enjoyable learning experience and my competitive side came out to play. My favorite part of Shaver’s Creek was the animals. They had many birds that cannot live in the wild independently. I adored the owls. They were total characters, and these photos don’t do them justice.



No comments:

Post a Comment