Thursday, June 20, 2013

Time Flies When You're a Nittany Lion!



Hey Everyone,


My apologies for not posting in a while, there has been some emergencies at home and I have been back and forth quite often and haven't had the chance to get on a computer and blog but I promise i'll make up for it with this entry.

These past 2 weeks have been incredibly fun thanks to events like the Amish market field trip, live cattle auction trip, a pit stop at the Brookmere Farm Winery, the most interesting diversity training ever, training at the enormous warehouse and the famous bakery, as well as preparation for today's culinary challenge. Pictures mean a thousand words, so here they are. 

Just another tremendous scenery shot on my drive back into PA from NJ. 

As I mentioned in earlier blogs, the opportunity for eating to perform in terms of fitness and exercise here at Penn State is super easy. Here's one of the meals I grabbed on the go, a perfect balance of carbs, protein, and fats


As we drove into Bellville, PA towards the Amish market, landscape changed quickly, drifting more towards large land farming and dairy production

And this entire time I thought I had the coolest wheels in town
I wish I had brought a trailer with me because there were some great looking horses auctioned for $175-200 at the livestock and cattle auction in Bellville, PA

Or a pony works too

How about a 250 pound pig? It was funny to hear the kids go "wow thats cool",  and the announcer  frighten them by saying thats a lot of sausage and lunch ham right there
Literally, the only thing they weren't auctioning off at this thing were unicorns. They had anything from ponies to race horses, piglets to massive boars, veal to giant cows ready to be milked.

Bringing home a few goodies from the Brookemere Farm Winery

The beautiful scenery never ends in this place
As I mentioned earlier in this blog, today is the Culinary Challenge cook-off between the other interns and myself so I will spend the rest of the day mentally preparing to put together an incredible looking dish that I've taken from fitmencook.com and here's a picture of what it will look like, hope you guys like it.
Shrimp Ceviche with mango and avocado, yumm!

No comments:

Post a Comment