Saturday, July 13, 2013

Arts Festivus for the Rest of Us

There is less than one week left of my internship and I can hardly believe it is almost over. This past Thursday was the last day of our management experience and I was very happy with the way it turned out. I learned a lot about different management styles from watching the assistant managers that I'm sure I will use in my future career. This week has been a big one for State College because they are hosting their annual arts festival which features several artists from all over the United States. Over 250,000 people come for arts fest each year and all the hotels within an hour of State College fill up.  







 The pictures below are created out of chalk.

This piece was created by a college student.



In addition to working as an assistant manager at Pollock dining commons, the other interns and myself have been busy working on our farewell luncheon that is being held this Wednesday. We got to use our knowledge of FoodPro to create the recipes and order the food. We start prepping for the big day on Tuesday and I will be sure to post pictures and let you all know how it goes! 

-Ali Wilmes

No comments:

Post a Comment