Saturday, July 20, 2013

Week 7 at Ferris

Week 7 flew by in one big whirlwind. This past week, Emily and I both executed our theme meals. For the past 6 weeks I have been researching, planning and organizing a themed meal to put on at lunch at The Rock Cafe. I decided on the Comfort Zone Station because my theme was "Thanksgiving in July"-- my favorite holiday! After planning and testing the menu, I got together decorations and made email and table tent advertisements to bring in more customers.

Here are some pictures from my meal:

My meal: a kaiser bun with rotisserie turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy and cranberry sauce on top; a side of steamed asparagus, mini pumpkin cheesecake and butternut bisque soup! Mmmmm

Emily and our head cook, Sandy, carving the turkey in front of customers


A side brochure about Thanksgiving.




Overall I was very pleased with my meal. I created customer comment cards for those who tried the meal and the average of all the cards was a 4.7 out of 5! Although the last few minutes before the station opened were a bit stressful, everything came out great, which I attribute a lot to the great team that helped me prepare!! It was a great experience from both a cooking perspective and management perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment