Sunday, July 7, 2013

WEEK 2 AND 3 AT SUNY CAS

This second post is going to be a more picture-esque type post. I attempted to take more picture to exactly capture moments throughout my day. Going into week 2, at this point I now have a schedule and know when I will be going to work each day and what events will be going on for the next few weeks. On monday we had a another overnight orientation to cater. On this particular day I was assigned to prepare the catering of the Strawberry shortcake social for the parents on the evening of day 1. Here are a few of the pics from the outdoor and indoor social. (indoor shots due to rain)
A pic of the water tanks which is what I like to call them, but technically they are called air voids...lol I thought this was so literal. 

Basic Setup


A beautiful sunset, in Geneseo, NY, a top a hill on campus.

Indoor setup for the Strawberry Shortcake Social

At times I attempt to be a professional photographer.
Note how the strawberries and whipped cream are held on ice. (Food safety and Sanitation) is always key!

Where the small reception was held for the parents.Who were so appreciative and surprised by the dessert, and how you could make it any way you would like  :)

Heres a few picture of the dinner buffet for the students on day 1 of orientation. Also just a few sights on campus included the funky tree that looks like the tree from a Dr. Seuss movie.


Yum Cornbread

Student Supervisor Briana. She is a hard worker and loves CAS.


Make your own ceasar salad for the lunch all you care to eat.

Next I have a few picture of myself with other managers, working on small projects or learning how to clear a register.
Caught off guard!
John and myself working on job descriptions for the student employees.
  working diligently!

 After learning how to clear the register, goofing off!


New and inventive vending machines that can control more than one machine at at time. We don't have these in Jersey!!

Next I have picture from trips that the managers and I went on. The first we went on a shop tour of Trader Joes, Wegmans, a few Asian markets, chefs world, and Japanese restaurant, and a baking supply small store.
Trader Joes(none in Jersey that I know of!) A craving for spicy chocolate. Found at Wegmans

My strange finds in the asian market. Jack Fruit (far left) bitter melon(middle) and tamarind candy, which I tried because it was 90 cents. Happened to not be that bad, like a tangy little sucker.

This was a find at the bake supply store. Wouldn't want this stuff anywhere near my mouth! 

Fresh fish, crabs and lobster YUM!!!


These were some flix from another Asian Market, but this one was slot more organized and kept up. Notice the jars on the shelves,this organization was impressive. Snails anyone!??

Dared for only two buck, what a low wager. Chris one of my fellow managers ate a ball of wasabi probably the size of a small bouncy ball! Classic candids!

Toward the end of the trip we went to Pittsford Dairy. Where we had Ice cream and shakes. But I mostly just took more picture of the delectable food.

The store was getting jam packed as we came in. A little rush for the day before the holiday July 4th!

 Beautiful displays. Small markets are the best, especially local.


 Macaroons!

 Outside the dairy.

The Village of Pittsford where I was scared of the birds because there was so many of them.
One of the managers attempted to pick up a duck. BAD IDEA...lol

Next I have picture of my trip to Letchworth State Park with my fav LISA!! She is the best.

Only significance in this picture was that it cost 8 bucks to get in the park, to be unbelief this is standard in NY.

Beautiful Waterfalls.



I forget what this building was called. But it was very beautiful, plus they were having a wedding there later on.


The huge goldfish in the little pond.

Now we enter the museum.


 In the museum I learned alot about where SUNY Geneseo got alot of the names of their buildings and residence halls from.



 Just beautiful beadwork of the Indian tribes!





 Wooly MAMMOTH!!! RUNNNN!!




 Gorgeous artwork

 Felt great to learn a bit of history.


A piano from the 1840's





Log homes and shelter replicas from the past



 Great views once again. I really enjoyed the park.





The END.

No comments:

Post a Comment