Thursday, July 4, 2013

The Adventures of a Penn State Intern: Week 6

We started our management experience last week.


I work in the Findlay Dining Commons and the other three interns work at Pollock Dining Common. On the first day I had to be at work at 4:30 in the morning and for the rest of the week I came in at 5:30am. I am proud to say that I was able to functional at 4:30 am, especially since I am NOT a morning person. My mentor during this management experience is Maria and she has done a great job helping me adjust to my responsibilities. Overall, the experience has been very interesting. Some of the duties I have done so far include checking temperature on the food line, doing food orders, report counts during each meal, and notifying food service worker when to open and close lines depending on how busy we are.


Back view of Findlay

Management Experience!!!


I also would like to give a special thanks to Maria and her family for having us for dinner. It was nice to have a home cooked meal from a different culture. It was so delicious. I ate so much I thought I was going to bust.

Family time!!!

On last Sunday, we worked a 1-9pm shift at the Bryce Jordan Center at the Steve Martin, Edie Brickell and The Steep Canyon Rangers concert. Some of the activities we did included setting up the green and dressing rooms and working at the concessions stand. I even got to walk passed Steve Martin not once but twice (Celebrity moment). It was a pretty cool experience seeing how run during a big event at the BJC.





No comments:

Post a Comment