Saturday, July 13, 2013

Our Final Week as a Nittany Lion


So we are just rounding out our last weekend here at Penn State and I have to say, as long as the days were at the internship, weeks flew by and I can not believe we have less than 4 days until it all comes to an end. The last few weeks have been mostly indoors, managing the Pollock Dining Commons, therefore I have no vast array of pictures but here are some images I rounded up from my last 2 weeks here.

The food at Pollock has been outstanding and has failed to put a smile on my face at breakfast, lunch time, and dinner time, no matter how long the work day. 
ButI will admit, I did go home one weekend to take my dad out to dinner. Straying away from the healthy dishes I have been eating at Penn State, I decided it was a perfect day to pig out with my old man and I took him to Chili Willie's in New Jersey, one of my favorite places thanks to their 3 pound pulled bbq chicken Cowboy Burrito.

On the drive back, the crazy Central PA weather was no surprise, right at the PA and NJ borderline.

As the weeks festivities went on, we were lucky enough to experience Arts Fest, one of the biggest Festivals in the Mid-Atlantic region. This is just one of the amazing sidewalk chalk renderings of a famous painting, displayed on the streets of College Avenue during Arts Fest.

And another...


As I walk through campus on my last weekend here, I can't help but about how much I will miss the beauty of this campus.
The NACUFS internship has been a life changing experience and will absolutely impact the way I prepare for my future and career path in food service management. I have not only met some amazing staff and managers, I have also been lucky enough to meet the other 3 interns who have made this experience a once in a lifetime stay that I will never forget. 

- Sinan Ozyemisci

No comments:

Post a Comment